Κυριακή 21 Σεπτεμβρίου 2008

The Tale of New Rain....

The Tale of New Rain....

How wondrous and amazing! To smell and taste the fresh fragrant of the first drops of rain in September. The first month of Fall (Autumn) is always filled with new beginning and starting over. Kinda like a second chance is given to you to make right for all the wrongs you might have been doing all year long, since the beginning of the current year. But when Septembers enters the threshold of our households, it's like you are somehow reborn again. Like the second first day of the year, one might say. And you know it's really here when you smell that wonderful and glorious franrance of the wet earth. Oh how lovely that smell is to my odorless nostrils. And how amazing it feels to be able to smell that. To think that some people forget to marvel on these simplest glorious gifts of our planet makes me feel ashamed for our kind. Instead of giving in to these unique and all so simple gifts of Nature, we refuse them and forget to pay attention, since nowadays we are busy and occupied with other things.

As I was walking my dog tonight, I could smell the wet soil around me and I got to thinking; how mankind simply disregards this natural smell all the time. Since it's the first raindrop here where I am, I feel a bit overwhelmed always when these first raindrops visit a country which is scorching most of the time. As my land is located in the Mediterrenean, to see rain is such an amazing feeling and an exhilaration, at least for me. This odour which I always happen to smell whenever I am in the rainy West, but which I only begin to appreciate when I am here in the East, since it is offered to us so rarely.

How bizarre of Mother Nature to create all this...This unique but for many insignificant fragrance which comes every September is among the nicest things I always enjoy whenever I am here. To feel the wetness on my feet and my body, and smell the wet land (which is mostly soil instead of grass-soil) is an overwhelming experience which is given freely to man, yet is so underappreaciated. No one turns to just pause a second and smell this thing I'm talking about; probably most people think of this as something silly and pointless, but yet it is Nature's way of saying that in this land the Season has changed and a New Dawn is upon us, therefore be weary of your body and your mind to this change of atmospheric epoch.

And thus I welcome this New Rain...this New Dawn....and the New Chance which accompanies September....Sweet Yellowish September....

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: